Thursday, August 21, 2014

"What E'er Thou Art, Act Well Thy Part"


Attached to the email letter that we received from President Brown this morning were these pictures, taken on August 13, 2014 the day that Elder Tarbet arrived in the Scotland/Ireland Mission


 President Brown, Elder Tarbet and Sister Brown


 Elder Cavallaro and Elder Tarbet
Taken by the plaque hanging on the wall in the Scotland/Ireland Mission

 "What E'er Thou Art, Act Well Thy Part"



While serving in Stirling, Scotland, (1898) David O. McKay had an experience that affected the remainder of his life. He and his companion had been in the town for a few weeks, but had had little success. They spent part of a day walking around Stirling Castle and Elder McKay was feeling homesick. He later recalled:

“I confess I was homesick. We had spent a half-day around the castle, and the men out in the fields ploughing, that spring day, made me all the more homesick.

As we returned to the town, I saw an unfinished building standing back from the sidewalk several yards. Over the front door was a stone arch. There was an inscription chiseled in that arch.

When I approached near enough, this message came to me not only in stone, but as if it came from One in whose service we were engaged: “What E’er Thou Art. Act Well Thy Part.” That was a message to me that morning to act my part well as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.”








No comments:

Post a Comment