Monday, February 2, 2015

Passed Bump Day, Eyre Street, and Butter Pecan Cake!


Heya whats the craic? 

Well I've been out for 6 months now, time flies! 

This week didn't have too much success teaching wise or whatever but we have found a couple of potentials for us to possibly teach, hopefully. 

Got a cool story from last PDay. 

So after emailing we went GQing (Golden Questioning) in Eyre Square which is like the city center and is usually busy so I don't like GQing there because of the crowds. Well it wasn't so bad that night and after a couple of conversations we did a quick gratitude prayer and right after that we had a guy come up to us from Waterford (out of our area) and asked us for a BOM (Book of Mormon)! 

I now have a firm testament that gratitude prayers work, very much! 

We then, later in the week met a nice girl from Nigeria who is working on her PHD in microbiology here at NUIG and she said she's interested in learning more. 

We've mostly spent all week finding so it's been a little slow week but it's been good. 

On Friday we had a lesson with a RC (Recent Convert) from California who is here till May and she made us dinner so we brought dessert. 

I found an American cake mix up in the cupboard and made it and well let's just say for my first time making a cake it wasn't too bad (Elder Shubin got sick from eating to much of it, it was that good! haha!)

We finally get Zone Development day this transfer it's in our 4th week. 

I didn't hear about Br. Keery so glad to hear he's doing better. 

We haven't really done anything on PDays just go shopping cleaning then email and that's all we have time for. 

But if I get sometime I usually spend it working on playing the Ukulele. 

Forgot to mention in my email that tonight were teaching some JW's (Jehovah's Witness) that we met who invited us back over but they might only want to Bible Bash. I'm going to try and stay away from that but just in case as Elder Udell put it "Im loading bullets, (scriptures) into my mag to unload on them" and Elder Shubin says I'm bloodthirsty when I study up scriptures to defend my point haha! 

It's also been storming a lot with snow this week and been quite chilly but were powering through it. 

 Anyways love ya and take care of yourselves! 


Elder Tarbet (Wolverine)

 EYRE STREET, GALWAY



Here's the cake I made. Betty Crocker Butter Pecan.... it was amazing! 
(Probably cause we didnt have enough oil so I used melted butter instead haha!) 

DISTRICT MEETING JANUARY 27, 2015

SUNDAY AT THE GALWAY BRANCH
with Elder Udell and Alexis, January 25, 2015


WE MADE IT INTO THE GALWAY BRANCH NEWSLETTER

SOME PICTURES OF OUR PAD:



Here's some pictures of Galway and some sunrises we've had.


No comments:

Post a Comment