Monday, February 22, 2016

Just Another Typical Week in the SIM!


Heya everyone,

This week we got to go on exchanges with the ZL's in Edinburgh so we went finding and talking up all the uni (university) students so it was a lot of fun and found lots of people (wish Dalkeith was the same).

DM went okay had the Zone Leaders there and they said it was good.


We had an interesting experience with our investigator Joseph where he called us up after cancelling our appointment on Saturday to ask us to come over ASAP. He was going through some problems so he was kinda venting to us but eventually he cooled off to where we could get the Spirit back in to help him out. But sadly no Joseph did not come out this week to Church.

Yesterday we got let into a person's home named Habiba who is a Christian turned Muslim who is wanting to revert back. She was very nice and hope to see her the following week.

Other than that not too much else exciting happened sadly besides just going out finding and chapping.

Sorry if my week’s sound boring I should mention that we do meet plenty of people that yous all would find to be good stories but you get so used to it out here that its not out of the ordinary for us haha.

For example: we had a guy yell at us to leave and not "shove religion down his throat and he doesn't come knocking our door doing it" or people that I tried GQing in Edinburgh as soon as they saw my badge they said "Oh God No!" but we get those a lot. 

Yea I didn't tell you about my knees because I didn't want you to worry but since she told ya I can better explain then.

So back in Galway I got into 2 crashes with both my knees and while in Galashiels I was getting them checked out at physio. They diagnosed that I have tendinitis in both my knees and I’ll probably try and get them more sorted out when I get home because for the most part they are staying the same but they aren't getting worse.

Also burnt my trousers finally this week with Elder Roylance burning his tie I don't have my camera on me though to upload pics.

Hope you all have a good week take care!

Love yous all,


Elder Tarbet (Wolverine)

NOTES ADDED BY MOM:


University of Edinburgh
(Images downloaded from Google)
 

 
 















The University of Edinburgh , was formally established as a college by a Royal Charter, granted by King James IV of Scotland on 14 April 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and on of Scotland's ancient universities.

The university is deeply embedded in the fabric of the city of Edinburgh, with many of the buildings in the historic Old Town belonging to the university.

The university played an important role in leading Edinburgh to its reputation as a chief intellectual center during the Age of Enlightenment, and helped give the city the nickname of the Athens of the North.

After St. Andrews, it is the most difficult university to gain admission into in Scotland, and 9th overall in the UK.

It is ranked 16th in the world in arts and humanities by the 2015–16 Times Higher Education Ranking.

Famous Alumni of the university include some of the major figures of modern history, including physicist James Clerk Maxwell, naturalist Charles Darwin, philosopher David Hume, mathematician Thomas Bayes, surgeon Joseph Lister, signatories of the American declaration of independence James Wilson, John Witherspoon and Benjamin Rush, inventor Alexander Graham Bell, also some famous authors such as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Robert Louis Stevenson, J.M. Barrie and Sir Walter Scott. (For more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Edinburgh)

No comments:

Post a Comment