Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year!

 
 Heya Happy New Years! 

Gonna quickly start off with a  of funny thing that happened to me in Galway that I forgot to mention earlier. 

My first night in Galway we went around for me to be introduced to some of the members and as we were about to head home I was explaining something wrestling related to Elder Shubin and squated down to show him and the instant I did I ripped my trousers all the way down the seam. It was really bad but they are now fixed :) (Very happy to hear)


Anyway New Years was good we went to the Webers and had dinner there. I always eat a ton of pistachios every time we go over to their flat. They also makes amazing peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies!


The Webers are so great and I'm going to be so sad to see them go.


We also went to some old ruins that are in Galway but I'm pretty sure it's closed off to the public but got some pics to send home. 

Elder Tarbet and Elder Shubin, somewhere in Galway
Pictures provided by Elder Weber
 



This week we were wrapping up some of our last lessons with Bowen who is getting baptized this Saturday so we're excited about that. 

We also ran into a guy named Niyo who after we invited him to church came with like 3 other friends so yesterday was a good meeting! 

Friday we helped do some service for a LA in the ward who are from Nigeria and she always gives us these malt drinks (non alcoholic of course don't worry!) and funny enough I don't think they are half bad must be the Irish in me.




Take care of yourselves this week and enjoy the New Year (and go try a malt, non alcoholic of course)!



Love you all,


Elder Tarbet (Wolverine)



NOTE: Galway has quite a few beautiful Castles and old ruins throughout the county 
here are just a few pictures taken from the internet:





No comments:

Post a Comment